Applications for the 2021-2022 School year are now open! Go to achievementfirst.schoolmint.net and enroll today!!
Student technology guides and video tutorials in both English and Spanish can be accessed via this website. Families and scholars can also use the same website to send all their tech questions by clicking the “Ask for Help” button.
Access to Cell Service & Wifi
Gaining access to cell phone service, internet and/or WiFi can make all the difference as we continue to social distance, work from home and learn remotely. During the COVID-19 emergency, some carriers are offering discounts or other relief to their customers. For information on how you can access these services, please see the following or contact your carrier for more information:
- Discounted Internet Service for Low-Income Families:
- Comcast is offering discounted internet service to low-income families, with free service for 60 days, for new customers who apply and are approved by December 31, 2020. Visit Comcast or call 1-855-846-8376 (English); 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
- AT&T offers a discounted service for income-limited households or those who qualify for the National School Lunch Program or Head Start. Visit Access from AT&T for more information.
- Spectrum offers a discounted internet plan for qualified households who are also in receipt of assistance through the National School Lunch Program or Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age 65 and older only). Visit Spectrum Internet Assist to learn more.
- Income-based free cell phone and airtime: SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. A private company provides the service. It is not connected to any New York City agency. Follow this link for more information about the program.
- Cell Phone Providers: Numerous cell phone companies have signed the “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” and are agreeing to stop service termination and waive late fees for families experiencing financial hardship. You can contact your carrier for more information.
For More Resources Visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/acs/about/covidhelp.page#FreeWiFi
Achievement First is still enrolling for the 20-21 school year!
Please let your friends and family know that we are still accepting applications. To apply, interested families should visit achievementfirst.schoolmint.net or contact the NY Student Recruitment team at (718) 265 – 1437 or admissionsNYC@achievementfirst.org for assistance.
Monday, 12/7- Friday, 12/11: Report Card Conferences (Information on how to set up meetings can be found on parent square, google classroom, or email your scholar’s teacher)
Thursday, 12/17: Family Night- Do You Want to Build a Snowman
Friday, 12/18: Spirit Day- Ugly Sweater Day
Monday, 12/21/2020- Tuesday, 1/4/2021: Winter Break
Tuesday, 1/5/2021: Virtual Learning Resumes
Check out our scholars in their dashing birthday outfits!!
Calling all AFCHES artists to share their artwork with our school community! Stay tuned for the grand reveal of our virtual art gallery in December 2020 and to see all the amazing art you have been making from home this school year.
If you would like to be featured in the gallery and show off your artistic talent, send Ms. Gonzalez pictures of your artwork by Monday November 23rd.
Can’t wait to see your incredible work!
Achievement First is always in search of great teammates to join our community. Through our referral program, we connect with hundreds of candidates every year. Recently, we launched an external referral program—this means that anyone can submit a referral and be eligible for a bonus, even if they aren’t employed by Achievement First. Do you know someone who you think would make a great teacher, leader, or operations teammate at one of our schools? Click here to submit a referral. If your referral is hired, you can earn a cash bonus. For complete rules, read here.
Dancewave is excited to share these FREE Hip Hop dance classes with the students at Achievement First Crown Heights Elementary. Please see additional details below, and fill out the registration form in English or en Español.
Once the registration form has been completed, you will receive the Zoom access link. Feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
During our Family Movie Night, we had a pajama contest. Here are our winners- Kayden, Skylah, Zai, and Sherita! Congratulations scholars!
Monday, 11/2: NO SCHOOL (Staff PD Day)
Tuesday, 11/3: NO SCHOOL (Election Day )
Thursday, 11/5: 2nd Supply Distribution; 1- 4pm
Tuesday, 11/10: Black Solidarity Day
Wednesday, 11/11: NO SCHOOL (Veteran’s Day )
Thursday, 11/12: Grade Wars: Rep Your Grade Color Day
Friday, 11/13: 2nd Supply Distribution; 1- 4pm
Friday, 11/13: Grade Wars: Rep Your Grade Color Day
Wednesday, 11/18; 6- 6:45 pm : Zumba with Ms. Johnson
Friday, 11/20; 11:30 – 12:30: REACH Assembly
Wednesday, 11/25: Half Day for scholars (12:30 Dismissal)
Thursday, 11/26- Friday, 11/27: NO SCHOOL (Thanksgiving Break)
Please find the link to a housing survey provided by the NYC DOE. This form is intended to address the McKinney-Vento Act 42 U.S.C. 11435, and must be completed for each student by 10/30 (FINAL DEADLINE). The information you provide is confidential. Your child will not be discriminated against based upon the information provided.
Please complete the following questions regarding the student’s housing in order to help determine services the student may be eligible to receive.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the main office at email@example.com
AFCHES wants to celebrate and show our appreciation for our nurses/ medical staff who continue to take care of us and our loved ones every day.