Student technology guides and video tutorials in both English and Spanish can be accessed via this website. Families and scholars can also use the same website to send all their tech questions by clicking the “Ask for Help” button.
Access to Cell Service & Wifi
Gaining access to cell phone service, internet and/or WiFi can make all the difference as we continue to social distance, work from home and learn remotely. During the COVID-19 emergency, some carriers are offering discounts or other relief to their customers. For information on how you can access these services, please see the following or contact your carrier for more information:
- Discounted Internet Service for Low-Income Families:
- Comcast is offering discounted internet service to low-income families, with free service for 60 days, for new customers who apply and are approved by December 31, 2020. Visit Comcast or call 1-855-846-8376 (English); 1-855-765-6995 (Spanish).
- AT&T offers a discounted service for income-limited households or those who qualify for the National School Lunch Program or Head Start. Visit Access from AT&T for more information.
- Spectrum offers a discounted internet plan for qualified households who are also in receipt of assistance through the National School Lunch Program or Supplemental Security Income (for applicants age 65 and older only). Visit Spectrum Internet Assist to learn more.
- Income-based free cell phone and airtime: SafeLink Wireless is a government supported program that provides a free cell phone and airtime each month for income-eligible customers. A private company provides the service. It is not connected to any New York City agency. Follow this link for more information about the program.
- Cell Phone Providers: Numerous cell phone companies have signed the “Keep Americans Connected Pledge” and are agreeing to stop service termination and waive late fees for families experiencing financial hardship. You can contact your carrier for more information.
For More Resources Visit: https://www1.nyc.gov/site/acs/about/covidhelp.page#FreeWiFi