As a reminder there are several policies in place in regards to COVID-19. Please be sure to review the policies below and contact the main office if your student falls into any of these categories.
- If your student has tested positive for COVID-19 via an at home, rapid, or PCR test, you must do the following:
- Quarantine your student for 10 days regardless of vaccination status.
- Submit a copy of your test results or test to the main office. You must provide the school with the date symptoms started and/or the date the test was taken.
- Your student cannot return to the building without confirmation that they have quarantined for the full 10 days.
- If your student was exposed to someone who tested positive for COVID-19, you must do the following:
- If your student IS vaccinated and not experiencing any symptoms: they can return on Thursday, 1/13 ONLY if proof of vaccination has been submitted to the school.
- iF your student is unvaccinated and not experiencing symptoms: they must quarantine for 10 days OR receive a negative result for a lab test taken at least 5 days after the day the infected person was last with them, they may return after Day 7.
- If your student is experiencing symptoms and WAS exposed: quarantine for 10 days after the infected person was last with them regardless of test results.
- If your student is experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 (and was NOT exposed), you must do the following:
- Receive a Positive Test: Quarantine for 10 days from first day of symptoms
- Receive a Negative Test: Confirmed fever-free for 24 hours without use of medication AND is experiencing overall improvement in symptoms
- No Test: Quarantine for 10 days from first day of symptoms
- Awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test (was NOT exposed and is NOT experiencing symptoms), you must:
- Wait until you receive their NEGATIVE results before sending them to school.
While students are not required to return to school with a negative COVID-19 test, we are strongly encouraging this for all the entire AF Crown Heights Elementary School. It is incredibly important that you do NOT send your student to school if they are experiencing any symptoms related to COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to a positive individual.
AF will continue to contact trace and close contacts are still required to quarantine at this time:
If your student is considered a close contact within the AF building, you WILL be contacted and be required to quarantine your student. As always, AF determines close contacts as:
- All students who ride a bus with a positive individual
- Seating Charts: if they have been within 3 feet of an infected child or 6 ft of an infected adult for a cumulative of 15+ minutes over a 24-hour period..
- UPDATE: Due to the volume of COVID cases we may experience in the upcoming weeks, you will be notified of a close contact case via PARENTSQUARE (text, call, email) and a letter home. Please ensure you have access to parentsquare at all times.
- School work can be accessed via Google Classroom while your student is in quarantine.
Pending the arrival of At-Home Tests kits, they will be distributed to the following:
- Students who develop symptoms while at school. Your student will be sent home with a home-testing kit.
- NOTE: The person should take the first test as soon as they arrive home, and the second test 24 hours later.
- The student can return ONLY if the following is true:
- They receive two negative home tests (1 taken immediately and 1 taken 24 hours later) OR if they receive a negative PCR test result.
- They have been fever-free for 24 hours without the use of medication/symptoms are generally improving.
- If a student tests positive: the family must immediately inform the school and the student must quarantine for 10 days regardless of vaccination status.
Our existing safety policies are critically important to minimizing the spread of COVID in our schools. Specifically, our leadership team will double-down on the following policies:
- Proper mask wearing – Ensuring masks are covering both mouth and nose.
- Social distancing – Students should be 3 feet apart while masked; adults should maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Stay home if sick – Now is the time to err on the side of being more conservative, especially given Omicron’s reported milder symptoms.
- Ventilation – Ensure doors/windows are open and ventilation systems are in place; air purifier in each homeroom.
Upgraded High Filtration Masks
- We are working to secure upgraded high filtration masks and will distribute these once received.
- We strongly encourage all staff and students to wear upgraded masks until further notice.
- For adults this means wearing a N95, KN95, or KF94 masks.
- For students, this means wearing a child-sized surgical mask or child-sized KF94 or KN95.
Main Office Contact Information:
Achievement First Crown Heights Elementary